At The Grounds Coworking Space, your privacy is important to us and we are committed to ensuring your personal information remains private. Before you use our Services, please read this Policy in its entirety, to help you make informed decisions about your relationship with us.
I. WE RESPECT YOUR PRIVACY
“Personal information” refers to any information which relates directly or indirectly to you and/or your transactions with us. This information includes your name, address, occupation, contact details, the details of your account(s), the type of products and/or services subscribed to and such other necessary information regarding yourself and your transaction(s) with us. For the avoidance of doubt, please note that this Privacy Notice is applicable only if you are an individual.
Our Services. The Services referenced in this Policy include the Services provided by the The Grounds.
References to “you.” In this Policy, “you” means anyone who uses our websites, applications, or other Services. If you are an employee or you that uses our Services, this Policy explains how we collect, use, and disclose your Personal Information in the context of your use of our Services.
II. COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION
The Grounds collects only the personal information necessary to fulfill its core activities. This information is, where possible, collected with your prior knowledge and consent.
The website may collect personal identification from you such as name, email, address, phone number and address. This may include but is not limited to when you:
visit the site or send and email with their details to an email address displayed on the Site
subscribe for further communications
fill out a form on a Site
in connection with other activities, services, features or resource we make available on
information collected about your devices and their location, and your use of our Services,
including through cookies, pixels, web beacons, logs, and other Internet technologies.
If you opt in to certain features or depending on your device settings, we obtain geo-
location data and information about your contacts; and
that we obtain from other sources.
There may also be situations which we collect non-personal identification information about you when using the Site. This can include information identified through platforms such as Google Analytics. And may include intellectual property or other company information you share with us or through the Services, in accordance with any applicable agreements between you or, if applicable, your company, including, for example, trademarks, logos, and other intellectual property you own.
In addition, we collect and/or generate anonymized and aggregated information from your use of the Services. We use anonymized and aggregated information in various ways, including measuring your interest in and use of portions or features of the Services. Anonymized or aggregated information is not Personal Information.
III. USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Grounds will only use your personal information for the purpose for which your personal information was provided and collected. In addition to providing you with products or services, this may include:
- to provide you with information, material and news in relation to our products and services,
for product and customer research,
to improve our site or the products and services we offer you,
to provide you with our products and Services, including online and offline events, and
other materials you request;
to protect against fraud, abuse, or harm and otherwise provide a Secure Environment
(“Secure Environment” as used in this Policy means both physical and online
to respond to or fulfill customer service requests;
to analyze, better tailor, and improve our products and Services;
to contact you about our Services, promotions, and sweepstakes, tailor and provide you
with relevant advertising, enhance your engagement with us, and otherwise communicate
with you; and
to comply with our legal obligations and enforce our legal rights, such as, among other
things, to exercise contractual rights, to comply with financial reporting obligations, court
orders, warrants, or subpoenas in accordance with applicable law.
10. to provide information and materials to you about which we believe you may be interested
to send news, information about our activities and general promotional material which
we believe may be useful to you,
to monitor who is accessing this site,
to profile the type of people using this site,
in order to comply with the governing laws and regulations.
A cookie is a small file stored on your computer or other device. A cookie enables the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognize it across different websites, services, devices, and browsing sessions. By storing such information, cookies can, among other things, remember your preferences and settings for the Services and helps us analyze how you use the Services.
- Administering and improving our Services, including helping us measure and research the effectiveness of our content, features, advertisements, and other communications. For example, we measure which pages and features website visitors are accessing and how much time they are spending on our webpages. We may include web beacons in e-mails, for example, to understand whether messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded.
- Storing your sign-in credentials and preferences so that you don’t have to enter those credentials and preferences every time you log on to a Service.
- Helping us and third parties provide you with relevant content and advertising by collecting information about your use of our Services and other websites.
Cookies do not personally identify you, although they do identify a you browser. They let us know that you find interesting and useful, which allows us to keep improving our site and provide you with a more personalized service.
Cookies are an important part of our Services, so you should be aware that if you choose to remove cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Services.
V. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We disclose your Personal Information in limited circumstances to The Grounds Company, our community, our service providers and advertisers, and other end users, in order to provide our Services and to improve ways of working in our community. Where required by applicable law, we will only share your Personal Information with particular third parties with your consent.
Among our subsidiaries. We may share your Personal Information among The Grounds and our affiliates depending on where you are located and the Services that you use. The Grounds and our affiliates uses your information in accordance with this Policy.
Our Community. Our Services include online and offline member communities, forums, networks, and other features through which you may share information and connect with others. This includes:
- Our Services may make member networks, chat rooms, forums, and/or other groups available to users. Remember that anyone can read, collect, or use your postings on a network or forum or in a chat room or group and we cannot be responsible for any unauthorized third party’s use of information that you publicly disclose online.
- We foster our community by creating profiles for members or permitting members to create their own profiles on member networks or forums. Typically, such a profile contains your name, the name of your company, and other information you provide or add to your profile (content, comments, photos, etc.). Depending on the Services you use, this profile might be created automatically and be accessible to other members of the network or forum.
- When we receive information about you in connection with your relationship with our members or clients—for example, if you are a member’s employee or if you are visiting one of our clients—we may share your information with the member or client with which you have such a relationship, for example, by alerting the member or client that you have arrived to visit. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of our members or clients, or their third-party service providers, including those they integrate with our Services.
- We also may share information about you with others in the community to provide you with certain features. For example, if you sign up for a mentoring program, we may share information about you with potential mentors.
Service Providers. We rely on third-party service providers to perform a variety of services on our behalf. We take steps to ensure that these service providers act only in line with our instructions and on our behalf, or otherwise use Personal Information as described in this Policy.
Research / Survey Solicitations. From time to time, we will share your Personal Information to perform research (online and offline) via surveys on our behalf. Participation is voluntary, and we will use the information that we collect for research and reporting purposes, and to help us to improve the quality of our Services. We use the survey responses to determine the effectiveness of our Services, including the quality of our communications and our advertising and/or promotional activities. If you participate in a survey, your responses will be used along with other participants’ responses.
Third-Party Advertising Partners. We share limited Personal Information with third parties that serve our advertising online, so that they can display our advertisements to individuals who may find them most relevant. We share this information in order to meet our legitimate interests in advertising our products effectively.
Other Parties When Required by Law and as Necessary to Provide and Protect Our Services. There may be instances when we disclose your Personal Information to other parties:
- to provide you with the Services that you or your company request;
- to comply with our legal obligations, including with auditors, lawyers, CPAs, financial consultants, or other consultants;
- to comply with the law or respond to legal process or a request for cooperation by a government entity or law enforcement;
- to detect, limit, and prevent fraud, or verify and enforce compliance with the policies governing our Services; or
- to protect our rights, property, and safety or that of any of The Grounds family of companies, business partners, members, or employees; and o where otherwise required by law.
We share Personal Information in this way either to comply with legal obligations to which we are subject, or to meet our legitimate interests in protecting our business, including from fraud and legal claims.
Other Parties in Connection with a Corporate Transaction. We disclose or share your information in the event that we purchase, sell, finance, transfer, or acquire all or a portion of a business or assets, such as in connection with a merger, or in the event of a bankruptcy reorganization or liquidation.
Other Third-Party Partners, With Your Consent. We may request your consent to share Personal Information about you with certain third parties so that they can provide you with special offers, promotional materials, and other materials that may be of interest to you. With your consent, we also use and publicize your name, likeness, and other personal characteristics and private information for advertising, promotion, and other commercial and business purposes.
VI. SOCIAL MEDIA
We are active on social media (e.g. Instagram, Facebook, etc.) and share information, images, and video with the public through unaffiliated external social media sites. We encourage you to read their policies. Remember that the social media sites are public, which means that anyone can see your posts, and your posts may even show up in search engine results.
While we will not edit comments, we may delete a comment from our page on a social media site if it, for example, does not relate to the post, promotes a commercial product or service, uses obscene, threatening, or harassing language, or if it is a personal attack or hate speech that targets or disparages any ethnic, racial, age, or religious group (or other legally protected group), or if it advocates illegal activity or violates copyright laws.
VII. Exercising Your Choices In Respect Of The Disclosure And Use Of Your Personal Information
Address: The Grounds, Upper Floor, The Hills, No. 8, Jalan Bukit Mata, Interhill Place, 93100 Kuching, Malaysia.
Email: [email protected] Tel: +6016 588 5322
IX. POLICY UPDATES
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.